Vintage Frame from Italy

I was shopping around for a an old picture frame for two months for a project I wanted to use it for. Its was hard to fine what I was looking for, but I knew the look and the feel I was going for. This frame is everything I wanted and I can not wait to show you what I am going to use it for. The frame has some markings on the back and to be honest, I love the idea it came from Italy and the craftsmanship on this frame is beautiful.  It use to hold a artist's painting from Italy, but to no avail I couldn't figure out anymore information. If anyone has knowledge in this area, please do share.

Here is the before:




The name is Santo Ficara.

I love this wooden mat. I was going to replace the fabric, but I left it on, because it kept the old vintage look I was going for.
I am loving the metallic glaze. Its a lovely color.
Here is the vintage frame all fixed up:

Spray painted the frame ivory.
Brushed on the glaze all over the frame and I let it sit for about 5 minutes.
Wiped off with a lint free cloth.
The resulted are just lovely! 
I love how the mat makes the frame look vintage.


Come back to see what I am going to hang inside this lovely vintage frame. I appreciate you stopping by and I LOVE your SWEET comments. Have a great week.

Hugs,

Vanessa

15 comments:

  1. Wow, great job! It looks perfectly aged now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, and I cannot wait to see what you put inside the frame!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vanessa,

    I love how your transformed the frame.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mat too! So glad you kept it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jennifer

      Thank you, come by tomorrow to see the finish product. : ) Have a great Sunday!

      Vanessa

      Delete
  5. I love old frames. I am following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great Vanessa!Hugs and happy weekend wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from Transformation Thursday. I absolutely love this project! You are so talented!

    Thanks for the inspiration and have a great weekend.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Candy

    Thank you for stopping by and for the follow. Have a great weekend.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Susan

    Awesome! I am so happy and I can't wait to see what you do with your frame. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Kathryn

    Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. I haven't tried glazing after paint before, I really need to.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful frame, I love the finish you added, can't wait to see what you hang inside! I'm now a GF and Facebook follower~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty transformation. I would love for you to link up at my Linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-6.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like the transformation once you painted and antiqued it. I like the mat and can't wait to see what you do with it. don't keep us in suspense too long. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete

© Copyright 2015. Website by Way2themes